DAY 588 | Nous fûmes deux, je le maintiens


Male Muse
The Art of Youth
Digital Creator
Facebook


"Have you forgotten what we were like then
 when we were still first rate
 and the day came fat with an apple in its mouth"
— Frank O'Hara, Animals





“I'm like you,' he said. 'I remember everything.'
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name





“We had the stars, you and I. And this is given once only.”
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name





“And on that evening when we grow older still we'll speak about these two young men as though they were two strangers we met on the train and whom we admire and want to help along. And we'll want to call it envy, because to call it regret would break our hearts.”
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name





“He came. He left. Nothing else had changed. I had not changed. The world hadn't changed. Yet nothing would be the same. All that remains is dreammaking and strange remembrance.”
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name

“Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine.”
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name



"Tell you what, we coulda had a good life together! Fuckin' real good life! Had us a place of our own. But you didn't want it, Ennis! So what we got now is Brokeback Mountain! Everything's built on that! That's all we got, boy, fuckin' all. So I hope you know that, even if you don't never know the rest! You count the damn few times we have been together in nearly twenty years and you measure the short fucking leash you keep me on - and then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get. You have no idea how bad it gets! I'm not you... I can't make it on a coupla high-altitude fucks once or twice a year! You are too much for me Ennis, you sonofawhoreson bitch! I wish I knew how to quit you."
— Annie Proulx, Brokeback Mountain









Disclaimer
No copyright infringement is intended. I do not own nor claim to own the rights to the above content. If you are the rightful owner of material (photos, videos, artwork, products) posted to this nonprofit blog and want it removed or credited, please contact me at mynarrowcorner@gmail.com, and your material will be promptly removed or credited.

Comments

Most Viewed (Last 7 days)